For a number of years, the community of Twin Cities Meeting (TCFM) has been struggling to understand and accept the joys and difficulties of being a large meeting. Slowly, in fits and starts, through faith and doubt, we are coming to terms with what we are. One Friend spoke of the “blessings of bigness,” and [...]
Tag Archives | document
This packet is based upon “When Death Comes to Meeting” by Pacific Yearly Meeting, as republished in Friends Bulletin in January 1975, and reprinted by Pacific Yearly Meeting in 1980. The main author of this version is Betsy Raasch-Gilman, who added some of her experiences and resources as a hospital chaplain to the packet as well.
Update as of Jan. 2009 Friends have traditionally rejected the use of creeds, largely from a conviction that no statement of belief can accurately describe or reflect divine reality. There is another compelling reason for us to reject creeds. Over time the spiritual and theological diversity among Friends has become far broader and deeper than [...]
Practical Preparations for One’s Death
In this time of war, we the members and attenders of the Twin Cities Friends Meeting state our belief in peace. In the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), we believer that there is that of God in everyone.
In this mutual exploration, there are disciplines which help us. Friends wishing to speak raise their hand. When the clerk recognizes them, they rise, and, when ready, speak their mind. If the clerk asks for silence, all Friends return to worship seeking understanding and openness; in this silence, one speaks only if led.
Twin Cities Friends Meeting, joyfully recognizing the diversity of sexual orientation within our religious community, affirms the goodness of committed, loving relationships that endure, are unselfish, and that provide mutual support and tenderness.
- Civil Marriage for Already-Married Couples, Revision 1 June 10, 2013
- June Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business cancelled June 3, 2013
- Lessons from the Advaita: May 19 Adult Education Session led by John Cowan May 12, 2013
- Memorial Meeting Planner April 21, 2013
- NYM Spiritual Nurture Retreat: Growing Closer to the Divine: Alone and Together March 2, 2013
- Afghanistan vote today (military appropriation). See more info from FCNL: http:... June 13, 2013
- Action alert from FCNL on immigration - find more information and links to conta... June 8, 2013
- A hopeful article on gun control: http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113292/nras... May 31, 2013
- FOR OUR LGBTQ COMMUNITY who want to know about applying for a marriage license i... May 30, 2013
- The Minnesota Senate votes on the Freedom to Marry bill on Monday. Come to the C... May 12, 2013