- The Minnesota Senate votes on the Freedom to Marry bill on Monday. Come to the C... - The Minnesota Senate votes on the Freedom to Marry bill on Monday. Come to the Capitol if you can before noon, when the Senate expects to get underway. It will likely go for 2-3 hours, with expected passage (otherwise they wouldn't bring it to the floor). Come when you can; wear an orange or blue shirt if possible. If you have never been involved in this sort of social justice work, this is a great time to just show up. If the Quaker (or TCFM) banner is hanging in the main part of the Capitol (aka the rotunda), make your way to it to connect with other Quakers. **NOTE: If the Capitol gets overcrowded--a real possibility--then Security will prevent more people from entering. If you have access to a TV or the Internet, look for a live broadcast, probably on a TPT channel (TV) or at the Uptake (internet). And THANKS to so many Friends for your support!!
- TCFM Marriage Equality Committee: Freedom to Marry time has come. There will be... - TCFM Marriage Equality Committee: Freedom to Marry time has come. There will be a faith vigil at Christ Lutheran on Capitol Hill Church (105 University Avenue West, that's kitty corner from the capitol) from 7- 8 p.m. Wednesday night. The bill will come before the House of Representatives on Thursday and before the Senate on Saturday. Check http://mnunited.org/ or Facebook pages for the exact times. TURN OUT. WE NEED A HUGE TURN OUT FOR ALL OF THIS. PLEASE COME TO AS MUCH OF IT AS YOU CAN. We will attempt to have our banner there as well.
Minnesotans United is committed to ensuring that allowing all loving and committed couples the freedom to marry remains a priority in Minnesota in 2013.
- From Ministry and Counsel committee:
"A Memorial Meeting for Sandi Bandli will... - From Ministry and Counsel committee:
"A Memorial Meeting for Sandi Bandli will be held at Weyerhaueser Chapel on the Macalester campus Saturday, April 27, at 2 PM. All TCFM members and attenders are invited to share their memories of Sandi. Sign-up sheets for helpers like ushers and greeters will be available Sunday [April 20]. There will be a reception afterwards with coffee and cookies supplied by the family. Those of us with special dietary needs are asked to bring snacks for ourselves that we can share."
Sandi's memorial is one week after the memorial worship for Warren Thomsen (look for info about Warren's memorial elsewhere on this FB page).
For questions about either memorial, please contact someone on the M&C Committee. Look for information about who serves on this committee in the weekly announcement sheet. And thanks for holding the loved ones of these dear f/Friends in the Light.
- Join FCNL in continued action to legislate gun registration: http://fcnl.org/res... - Join FCNL in continued action to legislate gun registration: http://fcnl.org/resources/pubs/enews/041813/
On Gun Violence, We Can't Be Silent
Breaking: Energy Efficiency Legislation IntroducedTop Story: We Can't Be Silent on Gun ViolenceMore Ways to Take Action:Where Are Your Tax Dollars Going?In Our Network:What's New, Upcoming Events, Photo of the Week
- THURSDAY, April 18 is Lobby Day at the Minnesota Capitol to show support for and... - THURSDAY, April 18 is Lobby Day at the Minnesota Capitol to show support for and stand with the LGBTQ community as they and their allies (*we* and *our* allies!) rally for the freedom to marry and for safe schools for all. Plan to arrive before NOON. Here is an invitation and tip from TCFM convener of the Marriage Equality Committee, Caroline Fahrney Kirchner:
"if you want to stand with other Quakers at the noon rally down at the capitol in St Paul on Thursday, look for the yellow and white banner [that appears on this FB page above... and maybe help hold it up!] And wear your winter clothes...."
More info about Lobby Day is at <http://mnunited.org/events/lobby-day-2013>
Lobby Day 2013
Join us for a day of action and show your support for the freedom to marry! Featuring Musical Guest Mason Jennings: Take the day off work and come to St.
TCFM on Facebook
- Lessons from the Advaita: May 19 Adult Education Session led by John Cowan May 12, 2013
- Memorial Meeting Planner April 21, 2013
- NYM Spiritual Nurture Retreat: Growing Closer to the Divine: Alone and Together March 2, 2013
- Rental Policies of Twin Cities Friends Meeting February 1, 2013
- Home Visits with CDFR January 25, 2013