Worshiping Together(WT)-3 is THE MAIN PAGE for what we expect the next few “Worshiping Together Sundays” to look like.
The next WT Sunday will be October 10. (Sunday Oct. 3 is Family Meeting.)
The longer-term thinking, based on the experience of recent Sundays, will be found at WT-4.
Please offer us your comments at the bottom of this page, or bring your ideas about this to the Worshiping Together table during Fellowship time. Or email Richard at Richard.Osbo.Fuller at gmail.com.
(In roughly the order they will occur on a Sunday:)
* There is a handout for parents outlining how this works.
First Day School starts at 10:55 on “FDS Sundays”
First Day School Sundays are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month.
(On the 1st Sunday of each month we have Family Meetings with children and adults gathering in the Fellowship Room at 11AM. This is in addition to the regular 11AM worship in the meetingroom. On the occasional 5th Sunday we have inter-generational worship: 30 minutes of centering worship in the meetingroom for all ages.)
On FDS Sundays parents should have children in the classroom by 10:55.
The next “FDS Sunday” will be October 10, and therefore also our next Sunday of “Worshiping Together,”
during the last quarter hour of 11AM meeting for worship.
In the first weeks of Worshiping Together, we expect to spend some time figuring out how things need to go for this to be a rewarding experience for all. We will necessarily enter into some periods of confusion, and we look forward to them.
For detailed attempts to think this through, week-by-week, see WT-4.
* CURRENT PLAN: children do NOT bring work done in class to the meeting room.
IN THE MEETING ROOM, APPROX. 11:45-12:15, M&C has responsibility
the Closer will open the door and the children will come in quietly and find their seats.
M&C will try this on September 26, and then revise it, as necessary.
Tom Stoffregen is the M&C contact person on this.
* Where will the youth sit, in the meeting room?
- DRAFT PLAN: When a family knows ahead of time that the children (or teachers) MAY want to join family members already in the meetingroom, they should agree roughly where in the room they will sit. Preferably not too far from the doors.
- CURRENT PLAN: Youth will not sit in classroom groups. The class ends when the kids enter the meetingroom and teachers are no longer responsible for the children at that point.
* FDS and M&C encourage feedback about the new WT!
There is a table during the Fellowship time each week. People are encouraged to take their ideas & concerns there. Email and phone calls are also encouraged.
Issues by individual Classrooms
Nursery Children are not included in Worshiping Together
Parents will pick up their children in the Nursery after the rise of meeting.
Preschoolers are included in WT
Kindergarten – First Grade
Second, Third & Fourth Grades
“Middle School,” Grades 5-8
Will come sometimes, at least.
Outline of the WT posts on the TCFM website:
- WT-1: Current updates to Worshiping Together process
- WT-2: Introduction to the “Worshiping Together” process
- WT-3: Issues related to how we imagine the flow of children and worship on any given Sunday, once the process is well established.
THIS IS THE MAIN PAGE FOR YOUR BEST THOUGHTS
- WT-3-OLD: “WT-3″ will always reflect the current thinking. To keep WT-3 as uncomplicated as possible we will remove ideas that have been discussed and set aside. Friends who want to see what WT-3 looked like BEFORE the current version can go to WT-3-OLD.
- WT-4: Preparations we as a community may need to make to achieve the goal of a rewarding inter-generational worship experience.
- WT-5: Open issues, concerns, exceptions, things to be mindful of. As we approach general agreement about “how are we going to do this,” I imagine this will be a place to record and keep track of “paths not (currently) taken.” If we agree on a course of action over the objections of some, let those objections be recorded here, with proposed alternatives, if possible. Then if things develop the way the objectors feared they would, we have a record in community memory, and perhaps some suggestions about alternative ways to proceed. This will be a place to stockpile dissenting opinions, and outstanding issues that we will do well to remember as we encounter the realities of the process as it unfolds. I will also use this area to archive all comments made, after they have been incorporated into the body of the work.
- WT-6: Jokes about what is happening, or might happen.