Perhaps better called advices than commandments, the statements below are derived in a general way from Buddhism and Hinduism,, and less clearly perhaps, from the Bible. They are means of liberation from the ego trap.
- Realize that you are at one with everyone and everything.
- Realize that your sense of being a separate ego is illusion.
- Learn to give up this and your other illusions.
- Learn not to crave things or loathe things.
- Learn not to fear.
- Fear can be dispelled by love, or at least by appreciation.
- Appreciation is discernment, then amazement, then gratitude.
- Discern, and answer to, that of God in every person.
- Experience lovejoy, and communicate it.
- Know unity and feel unity, to be motivated to serve unity.
Jack Phillips, 9-7-06