From the SPACC Project Home Website
- Providing emergency shelter in Ramsey County for children and their parents working with dozens of area churches, synagogues and schools, Project Home provides 40-60 beds of emergency shelter for children and their parents in Ramsey County each night.
During fiscal year 2011, Project Home emergency shelter beds were slept in 12,689 times.
Friends School of MN invites TCFM to support homeless families. In March, FSM provides hosts for Project Home in the evening from 5:30 pm until 8:30 pm and overnight from 8:00 pm until 7:30 AM.
Please join in as a host. Contact Rebecca Slaby, or Carolyn Carr. The Sign-up link is in the Feb 19th, 2012 Announcement Sheet.
Brief Shift Descriptions
- Evening Shift (5:30 – 8:30 pm)
- Help to set out snacks, play with the children, help with homework, talk with families and help them to get settled in for the night.
- Overnight Shift (8:00 pm – 7:30 am)
- Support the evening shift, continuing with the evening shift duties and help the families get settled in and to sleep for the night. Bring bedding so you can sleep in a designated area. You would set out a simple breakfast in the morning and do light clean up after the families leave, usually by 7:30 am or earlier. (The Friday and Saturday night shifts go to 8:30 am).